Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37

Thread: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

  1. #11
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

    with food prices at the grocery stores going up is it cheaper to eat out yet? Not quite but I spent $30 the other day at food city and got NOTHING really.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

    It's cheaper for me with my student discount if I'm willing to eat Hardees everyday.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

    Don't know where he got his info from but my cousin told me the other day the the fed's were waiting for it to hit $4.50 and then stop it there and use the cost as a way to limit the amount used.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

    Not sure why they would do that since the department of energy is already predicting a significant drop in consumption this summer before it hits $4/gallon.

    Big Oil is holding the American economy hostage.
    Because of gas prices my consumption of both gas and retail (both want and need) have been severly curtailed (and I know I'm certainly not the only one).

    Refer back to the article where the big oil reps said "It's not our fault" when congress was questioning them over their record profits and why they still needed tax subsidies.
    They dont care. It's all $$$$ for them.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

    I'll be damn, I am almost on E and didn't fill up yesterday. Guess I will go to Miners Exchange Bank and see if they will give me a loan for my next gas purchase.

    Why is it so hard for me to think that when I first started driving, 12 years ago or so, that I could fill up my little Tracker for $10 and drive for 2 weeks. I remember during that time in the late 90's that gas was around $.85 per gallon or somewhere around that, can't remember how low it actually got.

    This is killing me considering my work revolves around travel 7 counties in VA and 3 in TN.
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

    I think the increase is only at FasMart. Every independent station in Coeburn is still at $3.379.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

    The others will follow soon. The DoubleKwiks/Fasmarts were always the first to apply the increases. Gas price laws will require the others to follow suit soon.

    I went out at 10:00 am and filled up at 3.33 at the Appco when I found out the fasmarts were at 3.44
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

    Is it me or does gas always seem to go up on Thursdays or Fridays around here?
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

    you won't even be able to justify going to work in a few more months... </div></div>

    If you're that low on the pay scale, you need to walk and build some backbone. </div></div>

    It don't matter where you are on a payscale....It's costing me a little over $20 a day to get to work and back right now, bout $110 a week, not counting oil, and wear and tear and depreciation of vehicle....So lets just round it off at $200 a week to drive to and from work...That's $10,400 a year to travel to and from work, so let's just say that puts me well under $30,000 for the year...

    Heck I can make $20k managing McDonalds down the road from the house and walk there, won't even need a vehicle...
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  10. #20
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Gas price jumps 9 cents today

    This has sent me back to midnights- 1.1 miles from the guard shack to the mine ,1.2 miles from the shack to the house. I'm thinking about picking up a Tahoe to drive to work.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •